Friday 31 January 2014

The always 7

So, as you are probably aware I have a slight obsession with the fact that my group of friends are made up of seven girls.

Before the seven became seven, we had another person to our group (not part of the seven) let's call her Jo.
I had known Jo since year six, we had an induction day to see what our future secondary school would be like... We were introduced to our new form and had the chance to make new friends. I instantly noticed a group of three people from the same school who had decided to stick together to save awkwardness with people they didn't know. Jo was one of the three. They seemed like lovely people, we had an amazing day and I felt like I had met my future best friends. 
 Anyway, about two months later we started at our new school, I walked in and there were the three people I was looking forward to seeing, their attitude towards me hadn't changed, they were still the nicest people in my eyes. I spent break after break and lunch after lunch with them, sitting on the square eating our packed lunch. It lasted a few weeks until some of the 'popular' girls noticed Jo. So obviously Jo no longer cared for me and the other two, she only cared about popularity and everyone liking her, it worked. She had many friends and her pick of boyfriends. Didn't even look back on how we felt.
Obviously when it comes to popularity, you get 'friends' you can't trust, well Jo didn't know this. After a while they all turned on her and no longer wanted her in their company, I did feel sorry for her so stupid Jess took her back in as her friend after she completely disowned me. At this point I had made new friends who I loved very much, so I didn't want to have to choose between Jo and the friends who accepted me for who I was and didn't disappear as soon as some 'bitchy' girls wanted to know them. So the easiest thing to do in the situation was to introduce Jo to the rest of my friends, she immediately bonded with one of them, they became best friends. I was happy with this because then I felt there was no awkwardness between anyone. Again, once she had a new friend, she forgot about me. Didn't even acknowledge my existence after that, she never took time to appreciate the fact that I was the reason she had friends, even though she completely used me before. Her birthday came, guess who wasn't invited! For the next two years all of my friends were invited to her parties, but not me. I had no idea why, and still don't. I did nothing but help her out and to be honest it really hurt that yet again she didn't want to know me because she had new friends, which I introduced her to knowing that my friends would accept her. At this point I think i was invited to one of my friends parties, no one else really bothered with me, I don't think they considered me as a proper friend, i was just there.

A few years later, Jo got herself a boyfriend, this was the year I was actually invited to her party. He was a nice boy, we all got on with him really well. Of course when she finds someone new, she ignores the people she 'loves'. We would invite her everywhere with us but the invitations were always rejected. After a while we stopped inviting her because we knew we would always be let down. It was like this until we left compulsory education.
Sixth form soon came around, her boyfriend didn't come back to school, so she came back to us. I wasn't particularly happy about this because I had felt used and let down by her before, no one else could see what she was doing. So me being me, I stand up and tell her that I really didn't agree with what she was doing, it was undeniably selfish.
After all of this, she went and found a new group of friends, she was happy. I was happy and as far as I know the rest of the girls were happy.
This brings us to now. I recently started talking to her in sociology, to be nice. I didn't think it was fair to completely ignore her. This came with its consequences. She took that fact that I was speaking to her as an invitation to join us again, she just suddenly started sitting with us. And as you could probably guess, I'm not the biggest fan of this. I suppose if she gradually started coming back in I don't think I would mind it that much, but it's the fact that she came in all guns blazing and started to come across as quite controlling. Again Im not best pleased. But the girls can't really see where I'm coming from when I explain. I think they feel that I'm trying to make them choose between us, which isn't the case. I know it sounds like I'm being a child but I don't want to be in her company simply because of everything in the past, I know that I should keep it in the past and forget about it, but when you get betrayed more than once, it's kind of hard to forget. Not only that, I find her quite annoying.




No comments:

Post a Comment