Saturday 1 February 2014

Too close?

There's a situation that has recently become apparent to me. A situation which confuses me and in a way it kind of irritates me to a point where I can no longer keep it to myself, but by sharing the situation with friends, may make them realise they think the same too or they completely disagree which could cause a small amount of conflict.

As a friendship group we all love and care for eachother in a way that it cannot be described. Most friendships don't share the same as ours. The group I belong to have an unconditional love for eachother, we get over the situations pretty quickly and then move on to loving eachother again. As a group everyone should love eachother the same amount, obviously we favouritise some more than others, but the love between everyone should be the same.

There's a situation right now that only I have noticed, that happens a lot. Bad moods cause me to overthink things and pick up on habits or situation I don't really like but never really noticed before. This happened to me about a fortnight ago. To save mentioning names I'll call one 'Jack' and the other 'Jill'.

So Jack and Jill are both people I love dearly. They are part of our group, 'posse', 'clan' or as I might describe it 'the innaproproate, sexual, too close gang'. There are seven of us each with our own unique styles and personalities.

Anyway, as I said before,we are supposed to love eachother the same, but I can't help but notice that Jill takes a brighter shine to Jack. What I don't like is that Jill treats the rest of us different to Jack, she idolises and maybe obsesses over Jack to a point where it gets very annoying. You see Jack and Jill used to have a very close friendship, they were the best of friends. This changed when an overuse of technology occurred, this got between them. Jack thaught that he could no longer deal with the fact that Jill would rather use the technology she had than talk to jack.
Jack later became close to the rest of the group and then considered us to be equal to Jill when it came to friendship. There was no longer a favourite in Jacks eyes. Jack and Jill grew apart for a little while, not completely! They still talked everyday as normal but they weren't as close as they used to be.

 This brings us to now. Now Jack is still as close to us as he is Jill, still no favourites. This is definitely not the case with Jill, Jack is still number one in her eyes, she doesn't realise that we are all friends in the same way, that we all treat eachother the same. We love eachother. She still thinks they are unseperable, we all know their not. Jack has developed close friendships with all of us.


I just don't like the fact that there are favourites in a group that are all equal. But hey, it may just be me thinking something stupid, it might be in my head, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment