Sunday 2 February 2014

Alcoholism

Something that's really starting to bug me is the fact that twelve to sixteen year olds are overly obsessive alcohol drinkers.
Personally, I hardly drink, but saying it was wrong for underage drinkers to drink would make me a hypocrite. But the thing I don't understand is why they feel the need to do it every week? When you are younger than eighteen, surely you are capable of finding a way to have fun with out getting 'steamo'. There are some girls in my year at school that have been drinking since the age of twelve, I would understand if they were allowed one or two on special occasions but having parties where everyone gets drunk and starts 'getting off' with whoever they see. When I was twelve, I wouldn't even consider asking my parents to go out and get drunk, knowing that it would be a no. Looking back on it, I am greatful that they didn't let me drink until about a year ago. 
I mean I'm 16, I only started drinking properly in September last year, that's five months ago,there are girls I know my age that started five years ago, which I think is rediculous. Thinking that you can only have fun when you can't speak properly, walk properly or see properly actually makes me wonder if these people are ok in the head.
Since the start of sixth form, I've noticed that the girls who class themselves as 'lads' have gone out every week since September, not only drinking but smoking and taking drugs. I don't understand, why spend money to damage you're lungs just a bit more every week? Seeing photos every single weekend of the same people making the same faces, drinking the same thing, same stupid poses makes me so curious to why they think that it's fun to do exactly the same thing every week the only difference is the change of clothes, but the clothes aren't that different, the same revealing short dresses,I'm not going to lie, they look like 'loose women' after some money.
Not only that, they come into school bragging about it. I have to admit that I have four friends that do this, I sit with them sometimes and I can't help but think that the stories they are telling about their 'wild night out' I've heard them before, many times. The same stories every week, how can this be fun? It's like going to see the same show over and over, you would think it gets boring, but to these people it doesn't, how does this happen? I really don't understand?
I can't be a total hypocrite when it comes to alcohol, but I've only had alcohol with my friends twice in my life. If those who go out every week knew this, they would think I'm crazy, but personally I would like to act my age, I don't want to grow up faster than I need to. My friends ideas of fun is going out for a meal, going out shopping for the day, having movie nights with pizza and popcorn, which I think is brilliant and completely suitable for our age range, we don't want to be going out risking getting raped at 16 for wearing the most rediculous outfits.
I know everyone has their own ideas of fun, but I don't see how doing the same thing over and over could be fun, damaging your body on the way isn't my sort of thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment