Wednesday 30 July 2014

Those friends...

Remember those friends you had when you were younger, they were like your best friends and you couldn't imagine not having them, and then all of a sudden you think 'wow I haven't spoken to them in years'? I remember them!

Ever since I was a 1 year old, my dad moved quite a lot, he moved non stop for the next three years. That obviously didn't bother me because I was a baby, I didn't know what was going on, I probably didn't care.

So when I was around 4-5 years old, my dad moved for the last time, at this point I was aware of what moving was and I was told that we were going to live somewhere else. I only lived with my dad on the weekend so it didn't bother me.

Once my dad was settled in his new house, my brother and I started staying with him again. Personally I loved this house. It was right next to a park and as a 4 year old it was like heaven. 

After a year or two I started to go to the park by myself, with my dad occasionally popping his head out to check I was ok. I didn't have any friends beause I didn't know anyone and most of the kids I observed looked mean and nasty, the sort of kids with the chavvy parents who had about seventy two kids. They were not the kids I wanted to be around. 

One day I was in the park with my brother minding our own business having fun on the jungle gym. We noticed two girls on the swings, one of them looked my age and one looked a bit younger. They seemed like nice people, the only kids I had seen who didn't look like they had just crawled out of a cardboard box. They then came over and started talking to my brother and I. I then learned that they were sisters. This was the start of a new friendship, it got to a point where every single weekend I would go and call for them to come out and play, they were great friends! They only lived a street away from me so it was easy to go and see them. These were my new best friends! 

About a year or so after, they moved into the same street as me, this meant so many sleepovers and parties together, we loved it! This went in for about five or six years, up until it was time for me and one of the sisters to go to comprehensive school, I didn't live near them during the week so I went to a completely different school. Once we had made new friends and started to grow up, the sisters no longer bothered with me. It was literally a 'Hi' in the street. After a few months that stopped, it ended up somehow as us giving evil looks to eachother in passing.
So now, both myself and one of the sisters are 17, I'm actually not sure what she's doing now and for the other one, she's still in school.

The one thing that bothered me was, about a year ago there was a party for all of the students in the county who were about to leave school. This was the first time I had seen one of the sisters in years, I thought I would be friendly, say hey and ask how she's been. But no. Stupid Jess. Should not have done that. 

The bitch completely blanked me, hell no. A part of me wonders if I was better off not having her in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment