Monday 18 August 2014

Family On Facebook

I have had Facebook since I was about 13, yes I know you're not allowed it until you're 16 but everyone was doing it. Everyone in school had Facebook, if you didn't have it, you weren't with everyone. So when I got Facebook, my mum didn't know what it was. I think I was actually the first to get it.
Once the older generation started getting it, my mum obviously heard about it through the grapevine, all of her friends were getting it and my mum being my mum just had to get it. A few days later I received a friend request from my mother, my first thought... Oh dear.
Time went on, I was in my teen phase and in this phase there were bitchy girls, girls who enjoyed an argument but were to afraid to be confrontational in person. They would abuse the ability to start stupid arguments with girls they may have been scared of. I unfortunately got involved with the wrong people, they weren't my real friends, they were the friends I had outside of school. My mum really didn't like them and once they had turned on me and started this online abuse, my mum made me delete my account, to protect me of course.
A few months passed and I decided I wanted to go back to Facebook, I missed talking to my friends. My mum didn't agree that it was a good idea and therefore told me i couldn't go back on Facebook. But I didn't listen, I logged back into my deactivated account and removed my mum as a friend so she wouldn't find out. I got away with it for a few months until my brother decided to grass me up, because he does that. I was stupid to think that he wouldn't. My mum didn't care anymore so I added her as a friend again.
This brings me to now. I hardly use Facebook anymore, I'm more of a Twitter fan. Simply because I am sick of scrolling down my news feed and seeing all of my family's personal business on my mums status update. Everything that goes on in my family ends up on my mums profile, whether it's something funny or a family argument, she always has something to say about it and that is so annoying. Every time I see it i think, why is this every person on Facebook's business? You don't even know all of these people on a personal level, I don't understand why they need to know what you're putting on this.
I'm not sure about you but I don't feel like every part of my life needs to be shared with everyone on Facebook, those you are friends with but aren't actually friends with. I think the main reason I use Twitter so much is because my family are on Facebook.


Follow me:)
Instagram: http://instagram.com/itsjessicalewis
Twitter: https://twitter.com/jessicaa_lewis

Feel free to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment