Saturday 2 August 2014

Things To Do This Summer.

If you are anything like me then you are sitting in your house day in day out doing nothing but laying on the sofa watching Jeremy Kyle. You have planned an amazing summer with your friends but none of these plans have come into action. Before summer you thought to yourself, wow this summer is going to be great... and then it's not!
When you have a friendship group as large as mine (7 girls may not seem a lot) it's very hard to get a day where every one is free, it's almost impossible and when you do get the group together, you no longer have the money to do anything.
If you can relate to this then you have come to the right place! I have decided to come up with things that could help keep you occupied this summer, whether you are alone or with your friends, it's something.
1. Now the first one seems really boring but when you are like me and live in a beautiful town, going for a long walk is great, it's so relaxing and it releases so much stress.
 

2.Go to the beach! Who doesn't love going to the beach?  Yes, that was a rhetorical question! Get your friends together and go, you don't need to spend money, it's a great laugh and you get a tan whilst doing it! Personally, going to the beach with my friends is my favorite part of summer! I am such a child when it comes to the beach, grab my bucket and spade and I'm gone!

3. Find a hobby. It can be so difficult to find something you are good at and enjoy, I mean I have no hobbies, like none what so ever. My life is literally the internet. But if  you want your summer to go a little better than it is now, you need to keep yourself occupied. Try picking up a pencil and draw the first thing that comes to mind, no matter what it is and how stupid you may think it seems, its probably not, just think and then project that onto a piece of paper.
Drawing by @crazyartist (Instagram)

4.My project for this summer is decorating my room, completely changing it, however it does cost quite a lot, but if you do have the money, go for it! I'm going to be starting mine on Monday and I can't wait, I know that sounds stupid but it's one thing that's going to keep me busy, not for long but for long enough.
(Not my room)

5.Learn to cook! Again I know it seems boring but cooking is something you are going to need in the future and why not start learning now? I mean I learned to cook a few summers ago and my mother drove me up the wall but what I didn't realize is that I could easily have looked on YouTube to teach me how to do things, surprise your parents maybe! When they get home from work, it would be a great surprise for them to come home to a meal on the table. That's another way you could get them in a good mood when you want to ask for something.

6. I have mixed opinions on the summer heat, I love the sun but when it comes to feeling sticky and sweaty, I really hate it. One of the things I used to love when i was younger was water fight, there is nothing better than fighting with water when you are feeling hot and bothered and it's so much fun.

7. Find a summer job. As a student I know how hard it is to get money to become able to do things that involve spending money. I get my money by covering my Auntie when she wants time off so that's a bit of money for the summer. It will pay off in the long run, you will no longer have to rely on your parents for money.

8. Read a book. Find a book which really interests you, one that you have wanted to read for a long time, sit out in the sun (skin protected obviously) and read, it's actually really relaxing and it passes so many hours.

9. If you are one obsessed with the internet and do not wish to part with it, summer or not. You should find a new series to watch, a long one preferably. Personally I have for some reason started watching Glee, which is completely random for me. I have watched 'Orange is the new black' but I couldn't get into it, it wasn't that good in my eyes, but a lot of people enjoy it so I would definitely recommend it because it has so many good reviews, just because it wasn't for me, it doesn't mean it's not for you.

10. The last one which has helped me a lot is, start a blog yourself. It may sound 'cheesy' and 'cringe' to your friends when you mention it but it is such a time killer and if you have your mind set on doing it then go for it, if it's something that you are having doubts about and you don't think you'll be dedicated to it, I don't think it is for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment