Wednesday 13 August 2014

Step parents.

As a child my mum had her fair share of boyfriends, my brothers and I didn't mind because the ones who actually lasted long enough were nice, they were funny. When I was 6, my mum had been dating this guy. She seemed really happy. I know you're probably wondering how I remember this, I remember because it turned out that this guy was about to become a big part of my life. 
My mum would big this guy up in hopes that we would like him when we finally came to meet him, later I would find out that I already met him, before my mum did. 
My dad had this friend, her kids and I used to always make fun of her and my dad, saying that they would be a perfect couple. I loved going to see my dad's friend and her family, again, I later discovered that they were going to be my family. It turns out that the guy mum was dating was my dad's friends brother.
My brothers got to meet him before I did because at this age I had a bed time and mums new boyfriend came over after that time, the next day I woke up to a letter next to my bed, it was from this guy. The letter said something like I'll look forward to meeting you Jess and all that sort of stuff. 
As time went on, I obviously met him and after a year or so, he moved in. I was happy, my mum was happy, everyone seemed happy.
After about four years after that, they got married and this guy was now my step dad.
Unfortunately after five years of marriage, they separated. I hated this, I cried on and off for about a month.
I still see my step dad three times a week, he's a second dad to me, sometimes I think that he's better than a dad. I mean don't get me wrong I love my biological dad, but I feel that I'm closer to my step dad, he's there when nobody else is and I love him. He didn't have kids of his own and therefore sees my brothers and I as his children, there has not been one time where he has introduced me as his stepdaughter, I have never heard that word come out of his mouth, he has always called me his daughter no matter what.

With my dad's marriage, I can't say he was that lucky. I'm one of those people who have experienced both ways it can when you have step parents. I had an amazing one and I had a horrific one.
My dad met his woman on a dating site and let's just say it didn't end well! She was horrible, never paid a penny for anything, conned my dad out of so much money and didn't care about anyone else but herself. Thankfully the marriage only lasted less than a year, it's safe to say I hope to never see that woman again. This woman doesn't deserve a massive story like my step dad does so I cut that very short.

It's weird how step parents can be. Some will love you as their own and some will pretend you're not even there. But if you have step parents that love you then lucky you because they are great. But for those of you with step parents from hell, hang in there! It gets better.

Follow Me:)
♥Instagram: http://instagram.com/itsjessicalewis
♥Twitter: https://twitter.com/jessicaa_lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment