Thursday 14 August 2014

Results day blues.

So for the UK students who have either just finished their first or second year of sixth form and today was the day we collected our results from the exams we did a couple of months ago. 
For many, today didn't go very well at all. I unfortunately am one of the people who didn't get the results I wanted and I was hoping and praying I would get so much more than I did. I can't help but think I'm a failure and that every exam I do, I'm going to fail it. Once you recieve that piece of paper and it's not what you wanted or expected you feel like a disappointment to everyone! 
Today wasn't a sad day for everyone, some were over the moon about their results and they deserve what they got and I'm happy for them but I can't help but get so jealous. When I got my results I couldn't stop crying, I was devastated. So many things were rushing through my head like what happens now? Do I have to resit a year? Am I allowed to come back next year? I can't explain how fast my heart was racing. It was hell. It's so annoying when you know you worked your ass off for this exam and then it just shows that you can't do it and that basically all of the hard work was for nothing. If you are like me and didn't do very well, I don't have any advice for this one. I'm still coming to terms with it. Most people have told me that it's going to get better and I will get much higher grades next year, so I'm sort of depending on the idea that I can add to my grades next year if I try one thousand times more than I did.
It's times like these when you need your friends around you and fortunately for me, I had all of my best ones around me to keep the results off of my mind. They really did get rid of my results day blues and I actually managed to have a really good day once I left the school. For a few hours I forgot about it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment